Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Someone please educate the media on how to pronounce Appalachia correctly.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Amen brother. More ignorant intellectual types that cannot pronounce a word.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #13
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trumpet1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone please educate the media on how to pronounce Appalachia correctly. </div></div>

    technically in other parts of the appalachian mountains, it is pronounced as Ap-uh-L-A-shun... so we can't rock the way the media says it.
    I've met plenty from the northern part of the mountains that pronounce it as the media does

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    The doesnt make them right. It was named after the Apalachee Indians, which is pronounced to the best of my knowledge more as we call this area, ie Apalachicola, FL.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #15
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    yeah, I know.. I'm just busting your chaps.. I have nothing better to do today..
    so I needed some argument [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Tom Brokaw on MSNBC just pronounced it "Appa-l-A-Chu.. props.. mr. brokaw

  7. #17
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Maybe we should file for minority status, if this was said about another group or area there would be a huge outcry.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Fine by me. Your on. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Stuff like that just irritates me. Maybe we should start pronouncing New York City like they do in Boston. F-a-G City. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #19
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe we should file for minority status, if this was said about another group or area there would be a huge outcry. </div></div>

    Actually, we, being Appalachian-Americans, is actually considered a minority now. I'm not joking, I'm 100% telling the truth. They actually had a job fair this past year, uumm, it was either in Bristol or Richmond, and it was only for our "minority".... I remember Dr. Tighe talking to us about it in Comm class.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Andrea Mitchell calls us Red Necks!

    Evidence that the stereotype IS relatively true, and even stretches up to "the good part of SW VA":

    fail pregnancy
    more funny fail pictures at FAIL Blog
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •